Sidmouth couple fly flags for royal wedding
Peggy and Doug give patriotic flavour to garden pots
THERE are some patriotic people living in Sidmouth, and Doug and Peggy Wilson are just one couple who are already celebrating Prince William and Catherine Millington’s wedding tomorrow.
The couple, from Roselands, are flying the flag for the couple, decorating their flower-filled garden pots and garden with the Union Flag.
The late Queen Mother holds a special place in their affections and they saw her several times at the races at Sandown Park.
“Peggy is the one who collects royal memorabilia,” said Doug, whose grandmother Mabel Pettitt; who died aged 106, worked at Madame Tussauds “painting the faces of royalty”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Diana was also up there among her favourites.
The couple are not sure what they will be doing on the day of the royal wedding, but will probably watch the proceedings on TV.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution