Sidmouth couple fly flags for royal wedding
Peggy and Doug give patriotic flavour to garden pots
THERE are some patriotic people living in Sidmouth, and Doug and Peggy Wilson are just one couple who are already celebrating Prince William and Catherine Millington’s wedding tomorrow.
The couple, from Roselands, are flying the flag for the couple, decorating their flower-filled garden pots and garden with the Union Flag.
The late Queen Mother holds a special place in their affections and they saw her several times at the races at Sandown Park.
“Peggy is the one who collects royal memorabilia,” said Doug, whose grandmother Mabel Pettitt; who died aged 106, worked at Madame Tussauds “painting the faces of royalty”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Diana was also up there among her favourites.
The couple are not sure what they will be doing on the day of the royal wedding, but will probably watch the proceedings on TV.
- 1 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb