Sidmouth couple fly flags for royal wedding
Peggy and Doug give patriotic flavour to garden pots
THERE are some patriotic people living in Sidmouth, and Doug and Peggy Wilson are just one couple who are already celebrating Prince William and Catherine Millington’s wedding tomorrow.
The couple, from Roselands, are flying the flag for the couple, decorating their flower-filled garden pots and garden with the Union Flag.
The late Queen Mother holds a special place in their affections and they saw her several times at the races at Sandown Park.
“Peggy is the one who collects royal memorabilia,” said Doug, whose grandmother Mabel Pettitt; who died aged 106, worked at Madame Tussauds “painting the faces of royalty”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Diana was also up there among her favourites.
The couple are not sure what they will be doing on the day of the royal wedding, but will probably watch the proceedings on TV.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 5 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 6 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 7 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 10 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays