Sidmouth couple fly flags for royal wedding
Peggy and Doug give patriotic flavour to garden pots
THERE are some patriotic people living in Sidmouth, and Doug and Peggy Wilson are just one couple who are already celebrating Prince William and Catherine Millington’s wedding tomorrow.
The couple, from Roselands, are flying the flag for the couple, decorating their flower-filled garden pots and garden with the Union Flag.
The late Queen Mother holds a special place in their affections and they saw her several times at the races at Sandown Park.
“Peggy is the one who collects royal memorabilia,” said Doug, whose grandmother Mabel Pettitt; who died aged 106, worked at Madame Tussauds “painting the faces of royalty”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Diana was also up there among her favourites.
The couple are not sure what they will be doing on the day of the royal wedding, but will probably watch the proceedings on TV.
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 6 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again