Sidmouth couple sizzle
A COUPLE who bid for, and won, a cookery lesson during Sidmouth Twinning Circle s recent fundraising auction, have been able to prepare a three-course meal for two friends in 30 minutes.
A COUPLE who bid for, and won, a cookery lesson during Sidmouth Twinning Circle's recent fundraising auction, have been able to prepare a three-course meal for two friends in 30 minutes.
Patricia and Michael live near Station Road, Sidmouth, and received high-speed tuition from Lois Kelly of Cliff Road, who usually teaches cookery at evening classes at Sidmouth College.
Although able to cook already, Patricia hadn't had a cookery lesson since school, said Lois.
"She said she didn't know the recipes used and it is always useful to learn new things and pick up a few tips."
You may also want to watch:
First Patricia made pastry, using a fork for mixing because of the hot weather, to line a flan dish for lemon meringue pie, then prepared kipper pate starter.
The main course - pork stroganoff - was made using half fat cr�me frais, which, said Lois, made the course less fatty.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
"Patricia said they had all very much enjoyed the evening." Said Lois, whose classes; for beginners and further level will begin again at the college in September.
Anyone interested in the classes should contact Lois on (01395) 577038.