Sidmouth couple sizzle
A COUPLE who bid for, and won, a cookery lesson during Sidmouth Twinning Circle s recent fundraising auction, have been able to prepare a three-course meal for two friends in 30 minutes.
A COUPLE who bid for, and won, a cookery lesson during Sidmouth Twinning Circle's recent fundraising auction, have been able to prepare a three-course meal for two friends in 30 minutes.
Patricia and Michael live near Station Road, Sidmouth, and received high-speed tuition from Lois Kelly of Cliff Road, who usually teaches cookery at evening classes at Sidmouth College.
Although able to cook already, Patricia hadn't had a cookery lesson since school, said Lois.
"She said she didn't know the recipes used and it is always useful to learn new things and pick up a few tips."
You may also want to watch:
First Patricia made pastry, using a fork for mixing because of the hot weather, to line a flan dish for lemon meringue pie, then prepared kipper pate starter.
The main course - pork stroganoff - was made using half fat cr�me frais, which, said Lois, made the course less fatty.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
"Patricia said they had all very much enjoyed the evening." Said Lois, whose classes; for beginners and further level will begin again at the college in September.
Anyone interested in the classes should contact Lois on (01395) 577038.