Sidmouth couples claim Slimming World title after losing more than six-and-a-half-stone
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s slimmest couples are showing off their new physiques after a combined weight loss of six-and-a-half stone.
Tony and Gill Vosper and Tim and Kristina Ahling-Slade have been crowned Slimming World’s couples of the year, which they attend on a Wednesday evening and Saturday morning respectively.
The Vospers have lost nearly three stone and says it is down to spending time in the kitchen together.
Gill, who has lost one stone and eight pounds, said: “Making small changes to the way we cooked our meals meant we could still enjoy all of our favourite meals.”
The Ahling-Slades have lost nearly three-and-a-half stone, with Tim shedding more than two stone since joining the Sidmouth Slimming World group 15 weeks ago.
You may also want to watch:
Tim said: “We are lucky because as well as the support we had from each other, the rest of the group have also been there for us.”
Sidmouth Slimming World consultant Harriet Steptoe said the couples were living proof that success came when losing weight together.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
She added: “Seeing their weight come down week after week has been a joy. They’re a real inspiration to the rest of the group, including me.”
To join Slimming World call Harriet on 07828 299391.