Sidmouth criminal damage sparks police probe
DETECTIVES have launched a hunt for an unhappy customer who signalled his disapproval of a town-centre shop’s returns policy by smashing its glass front door.
Police have appealed for information after an incident of criminal damage at Sidmouth Outdoor Co in Fore Street between 4.30pm and 4.45pm last Thursday, July 14.
“A customer wasn’t happy with the returns policy and on leaving kicked the door and smashed its glass. We’d like to hear from any witnesses who saw the male or anyone who has information,” said a constabulary spokesperson.
The man was described as around six feet, two inches tall, aged in his 50’s, of large build with shaved or cropped hair, and with a London accent.
He was wearing a short-sleeved black polo-shirt and three-quarter length trousers. Officers said he was possibly accompanied by a white female in her 40’s.
You may also want to watch:
Contact Honiton CID with information on 08452 777444, crime reference: KS/11/396.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites