Sidmouth criminal damage sparks police probe
DETECTIVES have launched a hunt for an unhappy customer who signalled his disapproval of a town-centre shop’s returns policy by smashing its glass front door.
Police have appealed for information after an incident of criminal damage at Sidmouth Outdoor Co in Fore Street between 4.30pm and 4.45pm last Thursday, July 14.
“A customer wasn’t happy with the returns policy and on leaving kicked the door and smashed its glass. We’d like to hear from any witnesses who saw the male or anyone who has information,” said a constabulary spokesperson.
The man was described as around six feet, two inches tall, aged in his 50’s, of large build with shaved or cropped hair, and with a London accent.
He was wearing a short-sleeved black polo-shirt and three-quarter length trousers. Officers said he was possibly accompanied by a white female in her 40’s.
You may also want to watch:
Contact Honiton CID with information on 08452 777444, crime reference: KS/11/396.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop