Sidmouth curate ordained as priest
Former Bishop of Crediton ordains Angie Gammon at Sidmouth Parish Church
THE former Bishop of Crediton ordained Sidmouth curate, the Reverend Angie Gammon, as a priest on Sunday.
Sidmouth Parish Church was filled with people travelling from around the Sid Valley and beyond to celebrate her ordination by Bishop Richard Hawkins.
Angie, curate in the Sid Valley Mission Community of parishes, said: “I’d felt called to ordained ministry much earlier in my life, so this was the fruit of many years of waiting, discernment and study.”
In his sermon the Rector, the Reverend Prebendary David James, picked out some words of the ordination service which he said lay at the heart of priestly ministry.
You may also want to watch:
Angie, he said, was “to tell the story of God’s love,” and reminded the congregation this was also the task of all of God’s people in a world that had either forgotten the story or was indifferent to it.
After the service the congregation mingled over wine and refreshments.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary