Sidmouth curate ordained as priest
Former Bishop of Crediton ordains Angie Gammon at Sidmouth Parish Church
THE former Bishop of Crediton ordained Sidmouth curate, the Reverend Angie Gammon, as a priest on Sunday.
Sidmouth Parish Church was filled with people travelling from around the Sid Valley and beyond to celebrate her ordination by Bishop Richard Hawkins.
Angie, curate in the Sid Valley Mission Community of parishes, said: “I’d felt called to ordained ministry much earlier in my life, so this was the fruit of many years of waiting, discernment and study.”
In his sermon the Rector, the Reverend Prebendary David James, picked out some words of the ordination service which he said lay at the heart of priestly ministry.
You may also want to watch:
Angie, he said, was “to tell the story of God’s love,” and reminded the congregation this was also the task of all of God’s people in a world that had either forgotten the story or was indifferent to it.
After the service the congregation mingled over wine and refreshments.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open