Sidmouth cyclist in 1,000 mile fundraiser
SIDMOUTH resident Dave Salt, and his colleague Rob Campbell from Kennford, cycled from Lands End to John O Groats in aid of Barnardos children s charity and Roadpeace, the charity for the support of road accident victims.
SIDMOUTH resident Dave Salt, and his colleague Rob Campbell from Kennford, cycled from Lands End to John O'Groats in aid of Barnardos children's charity and Roadpeace, the charity for the support of road accident victims.
The pair covered 1,004 miles in 12-and-a-half days, at an average speed of 14 mph.
They were accompanied by Dave's wife, Julie, who drove a support vehicle provided by Ryder UK.
"We met some lovely people and travelled through some beautiful places, but the weather was quite challenging at times," said Dave.
You may also want to watch:
They have raised approximately �2,000 for the two charities.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC