Sidmouth cyclist in 1,000 mile fundraiser
SIDMOUTH resident Dave Salt, and his colleague Rob Campbell from Kennford, cycled from Lands End to John O Groats in aid of Barnardos children s charity and Roadpeace, the charity for the support of road accident victims.
SIDMOUTH resident Dave Salt, and his colleague Rob Campbell from Kennford, cycled from Lands End to John O'Groats in aid of Barnardos children's charity and Roadpeace, the charity for the support of road accident victims.
The pair covered 1,004 miles in 12-and-a-half days, at an average speed of 14 mph.
They were accompanied by Dave's wife, Julie, who drove a support vehicle provided by Ryder UK.
"We met some lovely people and travelled through some beautiful places, but the weather was quite challenging at times," said Dave.
You may also want to watch:
They have raised approximately �2,000 for the two charities.
- 1 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 2 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 3 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 9 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park