Sidmouth cyclist in 1,000 mile fundraiser
SIDMOUTH resident Dave Salt, and his colleague Rob Campbell from Kennford, cycled from Lands End to John O Groats in aid of Barnardos children s charity and Roadpeace, the charity for the support of road accident victims.
SIDMOUTH resident Dave Salt, and his colleague Rob Campbell from Kennford, cycled from Lands End to John O'Groats in aid of Barnardos children's charity and Roadpeace, the charity for the support of road accident victims.
The pair covered 1,004 miles in 12-and-a-half days, at an average speed of 14 mph.
They were accompanied by Dave's wife, Julie, who drove a support vehicle provided by Ryder UK.
"We met some lovely people and travelled through some beautiful places, but the weather was quite challenging at times," said Dave.
You may also want to watch:
They have raised approximately �2,000 for the two charities.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 5 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 6 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 9 Time to enjoy summer safely as restrictions lifts
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables