Sidmouth dancers step up to help Campaign 2011
Nearly �1,000 has been raised so far for Stowford Rise Community Centre appeal
LATEST supporters of the Sidmouth Herald’s Campaign 2011, to raise funds for Stowford Rise Community Centre and Children’s Centre, are John and Sonia’s dancers.
At a dancing for charity evening at Sidmouth Conservative Club, fundraising chairman Jan Jones, with Christine Drew, Alex Lewis and Maggie Baldwin, received �500 from the group.
The dancers have so far raised more than �5,000 for charities such as Sidmouth Hospiscare, Sidmouth Voluntary Services and Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
“And now they are supporting us. We wish to say a huge thank you to all of them,” said Jan.
You may also want to watch:
*The next fundraiser will be a Bingo Evening at St John Ambulance Hall, Blackmore Drive, on Friday, March 18. Doors open at 7.15pm for eyes down at 8pm.
Refreshments and a draw will be available.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 3 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 4 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 5 Return to online meetings thanks to progressive alliance
- 6 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 7 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 8 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid