Sidmouth deckchair arson: accused in court
THREE men accused of setting fire to deckchairs on Sidmouth s Esplanade last year will be tried at Exeter Crown Court.
THREE men accused of setting fire to deckchairs on Sidmouth's Esplanade last year will be tried at Exeter Crown Court.
Kevin Briggs, 27 and Marlon Jenkins, 24, appeared before Exeter magistrates last Thursday.
Andrew Gillan did not attend the hearing but was represented by his solicitor Linda Hodgson.
Briggs and Jenkins both pleaded not guilty to the arson offence, in which �1,400 worth of deckchairs belonging to Tom Griffiths, were destroyed on July 4, 2009.
You may also want to watch:
They elected trial by jury at crown court which will take place on July 29. Gillan will appear with them.
They were all granted unconditional bail.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 4 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"