Sidmouth deckchair arson: accused in court
THREE men accused of setting fire to deckchairs on Sidmouth s Esplanade last year will be tried at Exeter Crown Court.
THREE men accused of setting fire to deckchairs on Sidmouth's Esplanade last year will be tried at Exeter Crown Court.
Kevin Briggs, 27 and Marlon Jenkins, 24, appeared before Exeter magistrates last Thursday.
Andrew Gillan did not attend the hearing but was represented by his solicitor Linda Hodgson.
Briggs and Jenkins both pleaded not guilty to the arson offence, in which �1,400 worth of deckchairs belonging to Tom Griffiths, were destroyed on July 4, 2009.
You may also want to watch:
They elected trial by jury at crown court which will take place on July 29. Gillan will appear with them.
They were all granted unconditional bail.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 3 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 4 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 5 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 6 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
- 9 Sidmouth bowlers suffer Madeira defeat
- 10 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid