Sidmouth deckchair arson: accused in court
THREE men accused of setting fire to deckchairs on Sidmouth s Esplanade last year will be tried at Exeter Crown Court.
THREE men accused of setting fire to deckchairs on Sidmouth's Esplanade last year will be tried at Exeter Crown Court.
Kevin Briggs, 27 and Marlon Jenkins, 24, appeared before Exeter magistrates last Thursday.
Andrew Gillan did not attend the hearing but was represented by his solicitor Linda Hodgson.
Briggs and Jenkins both pleaded not guilty to the arson offence, in which �1,400 worth of deckchairs belonging to Tom Griffiths, were destroyed on July 4, 2009.
They elected trial by jury at crown court which will take place on July 29. Gillan will appear with them.
They were all granted unconditional bail.
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 7 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Rugby classics in exotic locations