Sidmouth deckchair arson: accused in court
THREE men accused of setting fire to deckchairs on Sidmouth s Esplanade last year will be tried at Exeter Crown Court.
THREE men accused of setting fire to deckchairs on Sidmouth's Esplanade last year will be tried at Exeter Crown Court.
Kevin Briggs, 27 and Marlon Jenkins, 24, appeared before Exeter magistrates last Thursday.
Andrew Gillan did not attend the hearing but was represented by his solicitor Linda Hodgson.
Briggs and Jenkins both pleaded not guilty to the arson offence, in which �1,400 worth of deckchairs belonging to Tom Griffiths, were destroyed on July 4, 2009.
You may also want to watch:
They elected trial by jury at crown court which will take place on July 29. Gillan will appear with them.
They were all granted unconditional bail.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites