Sidmouth Delderfield competition launched
Sidmouth Herald readers have chance to win Delderfield saga in centenary competition
AS part of centenary celebrations to mark the life and work of Sidmouth playwright and author, R F Delderfield, his biographer and publisher are offering readers the chance to win a set of his sagas.
Marion Lindsey-Noble, author of Butterfly Moments, a biography of Delderfield, which she has updated and re-published for this centenary year, has organised for publishers Hodders to offer three sets of sagas, one for each winner of three competition categories on offer.
These are to write a poem, of no more than five verses, about Delderfield, write 500 words about him or produce a painting or drawing depicting a scene from one of his books or plays, to be no larger than A3 in size.
Closing date for the competition is Tuesday, May 1, and entries should be posted to Delderfield Centenary Competition, Archant SW, Fair Oak Close, Exeter Airport Business Park, Clyst Honiton, Exeter, EX5 2UL, by that date.
You may also want to watch:
Please ensure paintings are dry and protected and any poems or short stories should be typed or written clearly.
Details of where to submit entries, together with an entry form, will be published in next week’s Sidmouth Herald and Exmouth Journal. Please indicate on your entry form which set you would prefer, should your entry win.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Marion, together with a team of judges, will select the three winners and their decision is final.
The prizes will be sets of one of the following sagas: A Horseman Riding By, Diana, or To Serve Them All My Days.
Sidmouth will be the centre of celebrations for Delderfield’s centenary on Sunday, June 24, including the staging of his play, Sailors Beware! by members of Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society at Kennaway House.