Sidmouth Delderfield competition launched
Sidmouth Herald readers have chance to win Delderfield saga in centenary competition
AS part of centenary celebrations to mark the life and work of Sidmouth playwright and author, R F Delderfield, his biographer and publisher are offering readers the chance to win a set of his sagas.
Marion Lindsey-Noble, author of Butterfly Moments, a biography of Delderfield, which she has updated and re-published for this centenary year, has organised for publishers Hodders to offer three sets of sagas, one for each winner of three competition categories on offer.
These are to write a poem, of no more than five verses, about Delderfield, write 500 words about him or produce a painting or drawing depicting a scene from one of his books or plays, to be no larger than A3 in size.
Closing date for the competition is Tuesday, May 1, and entries should be posted to Delderfield Centenary Competition, Archant SW, Fair Oak Close, Exeter Airport Business Park, Clyst Honiton, Exeter, EX5 2UL, by that date.
Please ensure paintings are dry and protected and any poems or short stories should be typed or written clearly.
Details of where to submit entries, together with an entry form, will be published in next week’s Sidmouth Herald and Exmouth Journal. Please indicate on your entry form which set you would prefer, should your entry win.
- 1 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 4 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 6 Major firefighting operation tackles blazing barn in Whimple
- 7 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 8 Top six big books of the year to enjoy this winter
- 9 Tips on managing your utility bills this winter
- 10 Programme of concerts set to delight classical-music lovers
Marion, together with a team of judges, will select the three winners and their decision is final.
The prizes will be sets of one of the following sagas: A Horseman Riding By, Diana, or To Serve Them All My Days.
Sidmouth will be the centre of celebrations for Delderfield’s centenary on Sunday, June 24, including the staging of his play, Sailors Beware! by members of Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society at Kennaway House.