Sidmouth dentist opens with 8,000 NHS places
THOUSANDS of NHS dental places have been created for Sidmouth residents after a new dentists surgery opened in the town this week.
THOUSANDS of NHS dental places have been created for Sidmouth residents after a new dentists' surgery opened in the town this week.
Mill Street Dental Practice, run by Den Dental Group, will provide 8,000 extra NHS places for people in the area.
Kelly Pitt, group coordinator, said: "The first week has been successful with positive feedback and comments from patients and staff alike."
Den Dental Group has invested a "substantial" amount of money into the new four surgery dental practice, which has undergone an extensive refurbishment programme.
You may also want to watch:
It officially opened on Monday and will have three dentists working from the practice, including Mark Fullarton BDS, Katharina Elizabeth Blome-Becht and Pavle Srdanovic, partner/clinical director of Den Dental Group.
There are plans for an additional two more dentists in the near future.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
The surgery, located at 1-2 Mill Street, is able to offer NHS dentistry to patients from Sidmouth and the surrounding areas.
Miss Pitt added: "We have a great team of staff working with us to provide a high standard of service to our new patients.
"We strive to provide quality NHS dental care with a gentle touch in an environment filled with caring and compassionate people.
"We aim to consistently deliver high quality dental care and are very much looking forward to the future and settling into Sidmouth town and would like to thank all the residents for their kind words and support."
Den Dental Group provides NHS dental services throughout Devon, with practices in Newton Abbot, Teignmouth, Exminster, Exeter, and Honiton as well as a Home Care Dental Service for South Devon.
People interested in joining the practice are advised to book an appointment as soon as possible.
To apply for an initial appointment at Mill Street Dental practice, patients should call 0844 387 9903, visit www.dendental.co.uk or call into the surgery.
Opening hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am-1pm, 2pm to 5pm, with extended opening hours coming shortly.