Sidmouth dentist opens with 8,000 NHS places
THOUSANDS of NHS dental places have been created for Sidmouth residents after a new dentists surgery opened in the town this week.
THOUSANDS of NHS dental places have been created for Sidmouth residents after a new dentists' surgery opened in the town this week.
Mill Street Dental Practice, run by Den Dental Group, will provide 8,000 extra NHS places for people in the area.
Kelly Pitt, group coordinator, said: "The first week has been successful with positive feedback and comments from patients and staff alike."
Den Dental Group has invested a "substantial" amount of money into the new four surgery dental practice, which has undergone an extensive refurbishment programme.
It officially opened on Monday and will have three dentists working from the practice, including Mark Fullarton BDS, Katharina Elizabeth Blome-Becht and Pavle Srdanovic, partner/clinical director of Den Dental Group.
There are plans for an additional two more dentists in the near future.
- 1 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 2 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 3 Missing woman may be in Sidmouth
- 4 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
- 5 Commonwealth Games work gives Sidmouth student 'amazing experience' of live TV
- 6 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 7 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 8 Could Devon councils be set for unitary shake up?
- 9 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 10 Decision on Straitgate's appeal funding deferred
The surgery, located at 1-2 Mill Street, is able to offer NHS dentistry to patients from Sidmouth and the surrounding areas.
Miss Pitt added: "We have a great team of staff working with us to provide a high standard of service to our new patients.
"We strive to provide quality NHS dental care with a gentle touch in an environment filled with caring and compassionate people.
"We aim to consistently deliver high quality dental care and are very much looking forward to the future and settling into Sidmouth town and would like to thank all the residents for their kind words and support."
Den Dental Group provides NHS dental services throughout Devon, with practices in Newton Abbot, Teignmouth, Exminster, Exeter, and Honiton as well as a Home Care Dental Service for South Devon.
People interested in joining the practice are advised to book an appointment as soon as possible.
To apply for an initial appointment at Mill Street Dental practice, patients should call 0844 387 9903, visit www.dendental.co.uk or call into the surgery.
Opening hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am-1pm, 2pm to 5pm, with extended opening hours coming shortly.