Cards stolen in burglary from Sidmouth dentist
- Credit: Archant
Bank cards were stolen from a staff room at a Sidmouth dentist in a day light burglary.
Investigations are under way following an incident at Apollonia House dental surgery in Elysian Fields, Sidmouth, on Thursday, May 9.
A police spokesman said the burglary took place between 8.30am and noon.
The spokesman added: "The offender entered a staff room and stole bank cards from a handbag, which have subsequently been used fraudulently to make purchases, and a small quantity of cash."
Alison Johnson, practice owner, took to Facebook to warn businesses to be 'very vigilant'
You may also want to watch:
She said: "One of the girls saw somebody in the kitchen about 10.15am dressed in work clothes and a badge.
"She didn't think anything of it, he was very confident in his stance.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 8 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 9 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
"We had a phone call to the practice at 11.45am asking to speak to the individual of the card asking for the pin. It raised suspicion. "We realised her cards had been stolen - her purse was not -the culprits had already withdrawn and taken a substantial amount.
"It's never happened before. It was just the brazen manner of this individual."
Anyone with information relating to this incident is urged to contact police on 101, or email email@example.com, quoting crime reference CR/040729/19.