‘Bumper turn out’ as hundreds visit Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary car show
- Credit: The Donkey Sanctuary
Rain of ‘biblical proportions’ failed to dampen the enthusiasm of the hundreds of visitors to the Donkey Sanctuary’s car show.
The annual event, this year held on Sunday, June 30, included an eclectic mix of motors and classic cars.
John Crouch, event spokesman, said it was the biggest show yet, with around 600 car exhibits at the Sidmouth sanctuary.
On display were Subaru Imprezas, Minis, Ford RS’s, Volkswagen campers plus a whole host of classic cars
He said: “It was a bumper turn out of classic cars and everything in between from Bond Bugs and Austin A30s to Porsche 911s and Toyota Supras.
You may also want to watch:
“Despite rain of biblical proportions, fun was had by all and the show was a great success.”
As well as the collection of cars, visitors enjoyed live music and entertainment, plus learning more about the work of The Donkey Sanctuary.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
All proceeds from the car show will help fund the work of The Donkey Sanctuary worldwide.