Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary launches Big Bray
First Big Bray launched by Donkey Sanctuary to aid donkeys worldwide
SIDMOUTH’S international Donkey Sanctuary has launched its first Big Bray to raise money to help donkeys worldwide.
This fund-raising event will take place during International Donkey Week from May 9-15 and the charity is inviting supporters to hold events in their area at this time.
Marian Gumbrell, the charity’s community fund-raising manager, said: “A donkey is more than just a donkey, so why not spread the word about their important roles in communities around the world as part of the Big Bray? We are asking you to get involved for the love of donkeys.
“We want our supporters to have fun when fund-raising so be as creative as you like. Every penny raised will make a huge difference to the lives of donkeys.”
You may also want to watch:
Mary Beetham and Arnold Staples from Manchester, have been supporters for more than a decade, hand-making donkey-themed goods to raise money. Last year they raised �500.
She said: “I would encourage anyone who is interested in holding an event to raise funds for the Donkey Sanctuary to go for it.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
For more details on the Big Bray, see www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/big-bray.