Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary launches Big Bray
First Big Bray launched by Donkey Sanctuary to aid donkeys worldwide
SIDMOUTH’S international Donkey Sanctuary has launched its first Big Bray to raise money to help donkeys worldwide.
This fund-raising event will take place during International Donkey Week from May 9-15 and the charity is inviting supporters to hold events in their area at this time.
Marian Gumbrell, the charity’s community fund-raising manager, said: “A donkey is more than just a donkey, so why not spread the word about their important roles in communities around the world as part of the Big Bray? We are asking you to get involved for the love of donkeys.
“We want our supporters to have fun when fund-raising so be as creative as you like. Every penny raised will make a huge difference to the lives of donkeys.”
Mary Beetham and Arnold Staples from Manchester, have been supporters for more than a decade, hand-making donkey-themed goods to raise money. Last year they raised �500.
She said: “I would encourage anyone who is interested in holding an event to raise funds for the Donkey Sanctuary to go for it.”
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 4 South West warning for drought issued
- 5 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 6 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 7 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 10 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
For more details on the Big Bray, see www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/big-bray.