Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary launches Big Bray
First Big Bray launched by Donkey Sanctuary to aid donkeys worldwide
SIDMOUTH’S international Donkey Sanctuary has launched its first Big Bray to raise money to help donkeys worldwide.
This fund-raising event will take place during International Donkey Week from May 9-15 and the charity is inviting supporters to hold events in their area at this time.
Marian Gumbrell, the charity’s community fund-raising manager, said: “A donkey is more than just a donkey, so why not spread the word about their important roles in communities around the world as part of the Big Bray? We are asking you to get involved for the love of donkeys.
“We want our supporters to have fun when fund-raising so be as creative as you like. Every penny raised will make a huge difference to the lives of donkeys.”
You may also want to watch:
Mary Beetham and Arnold Staples from Manchester, have been supporters for more than a decade, hand-making donkey-themed goods to raise money. Last year they raised �500.
She said: “I would encourage anyone who is interested in holding an event to raise funds for the Donkey Sanctuary to go for it.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
For more details on the Big Bray, see www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/big-bray.