Sidmouth donkey trust awarded �2,000
Children with disabilities to benefit from �2,000 award to The Elisabeth Svendsen Trust for Children and Donkeys in Sidmouth
A �2,000 award, to develop a soft play area for children with disabilities, has been given to The Elisabeth Svendsen Trust for Children and Donkeys in Sidmouth.
The Co-operative Membership gave the award after the charity was selected as a winner of the retailer’s Big Community Vote.
Launched in March, the UK-wide initiative encouraged charities and community groups to nominate themselves and demonstrate the value of their work locally.
They stood a chance to win a cash boost to help their project and five were shortlisted for an online poll in which members of the Co-Op were asked to vote for their favourite.
You may also want to watch:
Louise Blair, from The EST, said: “We are thrilled with the funding we have received from The Co-operative.
“We are very grateful to everyone who took the time to vote for us, which shows how supportive our local network is, and how valued our group’s work is within the community.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
- 10 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
Andrew North, Regional Secretary for The Co-operative in the South and West region, said: “It is fantastic to see the positive affects these awards will make to the region.
“Every year we also give thousands of pounds to community groups in the region via our community fund, which is raised by members donating dividends and administered by our elected area committees.”