Sidmouth donkeys have a bright idea and more news
Fluorescent yellow collars are being offered by the Donkey Sanctuary to donkey owners in the New Forest to help make their animals more visible. Read this and more.
DONKEY COLLAR: Fluorescent yellow collars are being offered by Sidmouth International Donkey Sanctuary to donkey owners in the New Forest to help make their animals more visible to drivers during dark winter months. Last year 65 donkeys and other free-roaming equine animals were killed in the national park, and 27 injured on its roads. The Sidmouth charity hopes the new collars will lesson the likelihood of this happening in the future.
CATHEDRAL: More than 1,000 people are expected to attend Hospiscare’s Tree of Light service at Exeter Cathedral on Sunday, December 4 at 5pm. The annual service remembers loved ones and will include carols and prayers, with readings by Hospiscare staff and volunteers. Canon Carl Turner will conduct the service with the charity’s chaplain, David Walford, and will feature the Inspirational Choir and Escape Dance Company from Exeter College and St Peter’s Singers. On display will be a Book of Memories which records more than 1,700 names. The tree will be lit outside the cathedral around 5.30pm.
CONCERT: A Christmas concert by Sidmouth Choral Society will be held at All Saints Church on Saturday, December 10, from 7.30pm. Tickets (�9) from Paragon Books, or one the door.
- 1 Property firm on lookout for development land in East Devon
- 2 Opinion: 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 3 South West Water on the look-out for new graduate trainees
- 4 SRC joins battle of Woodbury Common, Oh My Obelisk and the Sir Walter Round
- 5 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
- 6 Sidmouth in Bloom hope to sow the seeds for national glory
- 7 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 8 Girlguiding achievements celebrated at church service
- 9 Lethal Wasps produce five-star display
- 10 'We'll have to put up with roadworks for a few weeks'
DRIVE: Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service will host a Ladies Driving Challenge at The Drivers Centre, Westpoint, next March for the Fire Fighters Charity.