Sidmouth donkeys to welcome visitors at summer fair
- Credit: Archant
A host of Sidmouth donkeys will be welcoming visitors to their summer fair this weekend.
The Donkey Sanctuary will be holding a fun-filled summer event between 10am and 4pm on Sunday.
There will be donkey meet and greets, trailer rides, Punch and Judy, a climbing wall, archery, fire brigade demonstrations, a free prize draw, award-winning food and drink and a shopping village to treat yourself in.
The younger members of the family will also be able to enjoy bouncy castles, face painting and glitter tattoos, fun stalls, games and go-karting. The event, at Slade House Farm, will also feature live music from local rock-band Leave Before Dawn, singer songwriter Anna Hamill and Seaton’s community samba band Sunshine Samba.
Chris Phillips, of The Donkey Sanctuary, said: “It’s going to be a super day, perhaps even the highlight of your summer.”
You may also want to watch:
Admission is £1 per adult and children under 12 are free.
Call 01395 573156 or visit www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk for more information.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles