Sidmouth drama group aids Lourdes helper
Sidmouth drama society gives �300 to Lourdes helper Stephen
A CHARITY that provides holidays to Lourdes for children with special needs, has received �300 from a Sidmouth drama group.
Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society donated the money to the local HCPT The Pilgrimage Trust group after its latest play, Dancing at Lughnasa at the Manor Pavilion Theatre.
Play director Joan Heard discovered actor Stephen Knight’s (Gerry Evans) close involvement with the group when he missed rehearsals to go to Lourdes at Easter with other helpers, taking 12 children aged between eight and 16.
She was delighted the SADS committee could back her wish to made a donation to the charity, whose work can be viewed at www.hcptgroup141.org.uk and www.hcpt.org.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured with them is SADS chairman Heather Hodge.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman