Sidmouth drama group aids Lourdes helper
Sidmouth drama society gives �300 to Lourdes helper Stephen
A CHARITY that provides holidays to Lourdes for children with special needs, has received �300 from a Sidmouth drama group.
Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society donated the money to the local HCPT The Pilgrimage Trust group after its latest play, Dancing at Lughnasa at the Manor Pavilion Theatre.
Play director Joan Heard discovered actor Stephen Knight’s (Gerry Evans) close involvement with the group when he missed rehearsals to go to Lourdes at Easter with other helpers, taking 12 children aged between eight and 16.
She was delighted the SADS committee could back her wish to made a donation to the charity, whose work can be viewed at www.hcptgroup141.org.uk and www.hcpt.org.uk.
Pictured with them is SADS chairman Heather Hodge.
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 7 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Town keeps alive the generous tradition inspired by Betty