Sidmouth duo’s House of Lords treat
A FUNDRAISING bout of Call my Bluff ended in a trip to the House of Lords for a Sidmouth duo.
Richard Watson and Sue Woodward made a trip to the capital after landing a special prize in a Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth auction.
The event, at Sidmouth Golf Club in December, saw Richard and Sue score the opportunity to enjoy afternoon tea and a tour of the House of Lords with Baroness Jolly in January.
“I had been to the House of Commons 30 years ago, but not the House of Lords,” said Richard this week.
“We were reminded that jeans were not acceptable and no photographs were allowed.
“We’d chosen a very busy day to attend as the Welfare Reform Bill was having its third reading.
“It was a most enjoyable three hours.”
- 1 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 4 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 6 Major firefighting operation tackles blazing barn in Whimple
- 7 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 8 Top six big books of the year to enjoy this winter
- 9 Tips on managing your utility bills this winter
- 10 Programme of concerts set to delight classical-music lovers