Sidmouth duo’s House of Lords treat
A FUNDRAISING bout of Call my Bluff ended in a trip to the House of Lords for a Sidmouth duo.
Richard Watson and Sue Woodward made a trip to the capital after landing a special prize in a Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth auction.
The event, at Sidmouth Golf Club in December, saw Richard and Sue score the opportunity to enjoy afternoon tea and a tour of the House of Lords with Baroness Jolly in January.
“I had been to the House of Commons 30 years ago, but not the House of Lords,” said Richard this week.
“We were reminded that jeans were not acceptable and no photographs were allowed.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d chosen a very busy day to attend as the Welfare Reform Bill was having its third reading.
“It was a most enjoyable three hours.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles