Sidmouth electrician is 500th to net qualification
A SIDMOUTH electrician became Devon and Cornwall Electrical Training s (DCET) 500th successful candidate to pass a City & Guilds qualification this week.
A SIDMOUTH electrician became Devon and Cornwall Electrical Training's (DCET) 500th successful candidate to pass a City & Guilds qualification this week.
Ford and Sons employee Richard Brown, 24, who lives in Exmouth, marked passing his Edition IEE Regulations course, the British standard for all domestic and industrial wiring, in style and was handed �100 in vouchers as a reward.
Richard said: "Some new tools will definitely come in handy. It was also good to pass at DCET's training centre in Exeter as it was where I originally trained as an apprentice and qualified as an electrician."
Fords & Sons general manager Dave Whelan said: "It is great that one of our guys graduated as their 500th successful candidate. DCET are our choice for training in the region as they are completely independent and are made up of ex-industry professionals, who are specialists in our sector."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in the availability of electro-technical courses can contact DCET on (01392) 829100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon