Sidmouth electrician is 500th to net qualification
A SIDMOUTH electrician became Devon and Cornwall Electrical Training s (DCET) 500th successful candidate to pass a City & Guilds qualification this week.
A SIDMOUTH electrician became Devon and Cornwall Electrical Training's (DCET) 500th successful candidate to pass a City & Guilds qualification this week.
Ford and Sons employee Richard Brown, 24, who lives in Exmouth, marked passing his Edition IEE Regulations course, the British standard for all domestic and industrial wiring, in style and was handed �100 in vouchers as a reward.
Richard said: "Some new tools will definitely come in handy. It was also good to pass at DCET's training centre in Exeter as it was where I originally trained as an apprentice and qualified as an electrician."
Fords & Sons general manager Dave Whelan said: "It is great that one of our guys graduated as their 500th successful candidate. DCET are our choice for training in the region as they are completely independent and are made up of ex-industry professionals, who are specialists in our sector."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in the availability of electro-technical courses can contact DCET on (01392) 829100 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand