Sidmouth electrician is 500th to net qualification
A SIDMOUTH electrician became Devon and Cornwall Electrical Training s (DCET) 500th successful candidate to pass a City & Guilds qualification this week.
A SIDMOUTH electrician became Devon and Cornwall Electrical Training's (DCET) 500th successful candidate to pass a City & Guilds qualification this week.
Ford and Sons employee Richard Brown, 24, who lives in Exmouth, marked passing his Edition IEE Regulations course, the British standard for all domestic and industrial wiring, in style and was handed �100 in vouchers as a reward.
Richard said: "Some new tools will definitely come in handy. It was also good to pass at DCET's training centre in Exeter as it was where I originally trained as an apprentice and qualified as an electrician."
Fords & Sons general manager Dave Whelan said: "It is great that one of our guys graduated as their 500th successful candidate. DCET are our choice for training in the region as they are completely independent and are made up of ex-industry professionals, who are specialists in our sector."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in the availability of electro-technical courses can contact DCET on (01392) 829100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 8 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park