Sidmouth family run for ELF in Great West Run
A SIDMOUTH woman will take part in the Great West Run for Exeter Leukaemia Fund to mark the first anniversary of her mother s death.
A SIDMOUTH woman will take part in the Great West Run for Exeter Leukaemia Fund to mark the first anniversary of her mother's death.
Andrea Allen from Primley Road, her husband Jason and friends Laura Robertson and Brigitte and Simon Jones, will run the 13-mile course on Sunday, May 3, exactly a year after the death of her mother, Anne Bagwell, who was well-known in Sidmouth.
They will be joined by other members of the family and Anne's grandchildren, who will run the two mile course.
Andrea said: "I have never run anything like it before and have been putting in a bit of training to help me get around in one piece. My friends have been brilliant supporting me."
You may also want to watch:
She and Jason were inspired to do the run after her son Jake and nephews Aaron and Archie took part through St Nicholas Junior School last year, a day after Anne died from leukaemia.
Anne's husband Oliver, 68, will also join family doing the shorter run, together with Sophie, seven, and Natalie, nine.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 6 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
"Mum will be looking down on us, proud but thinking we're all barking mad. She'd rather have 13 coffee mornings than run 13 miles!" said Andrea, who has a website at http://www.justgiving.com/annebagwell for anyone able to make a donation to ELF.
Andrea hopes to run a coffee morning in July to raise money for Sidmouth Hospiscare to thank it for their support during Anne's illness.