Sidmouth fashion goes big
New fashion store opens on Saturday for Sidmouth’s larger ladies
LARGER women in Sidmouth will soon have more chance of finding something to wear.
Julie Trickey will open the doors to her Overly Gorgeous Collection of clothes for women over size 16, at Libra Court of Fore Street on Saturday, from 10am.
A designer dressmaker, Julie said she noticed women were not being offered well-fitted or attractive clothing because of their size.
She said: “I don’t think it’s fair that larger ladies are given a limited, poor quality choice.”
Julie is offering ready to buy as well as a bespoke measuring and fitting service for special occasion wear. Shoppers going in on Saturday will get discount.
From Feniton, the mother of four said: “I was given the opportunity to open a shop in Libra Court and I’ve gone for it. It is a very good area and I love it myself.”
- 1 'It's a nightmare': Sidmouth business react as roadworks get underway
- 2 Ottery resident honoured by Spanish principality
- 3 Night-time fish thief makes daring raids on Otter Garden Centre pond
- 4 Exciting discovery as Sidmouth observatory reopens
- 5 'Small farmers' livelihoods face collapse, post-Brexit'
- 6 DCC survey shows the condition of Devon's roads has improved
- 7 Tell us a Story
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe to hold first session of the New Year
- 9 Book your space in the Ottery Tent at 2022 Food and Families Festival
- 10 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
She will open four days a week during the winter, and longer in the summer.