Sidmouth fashion goes big
New fashion store opens on Saturday for Sidmouth’s larger ladies
LARGER women in Sidmouth will soon have more chance of finding something to wear.
Julie Trickey will open the doors to her Overly Gorgeous Collection of clothes for women over size 16, at Libra Court of Fore Street on Saturday, from 10am.
A designer dressmaker, Julie said she noticed women were not being offered well-fitted or attractive clothing because of their size.
She said: “I don’t think it’s fair that larger ladies are given a limited, poor quality choice.”
You may also want to watch:
Julie is offering ready to buy as well as a bespoke measuring and fitting service for special occasion wear. Shoppers going in on Saturday will get discount.
From Feniton, the mother of four said: “I was given the opportunity to open a shop in Libra Court and I’ve gone for it. It is a very good area and I love it myself.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall
She will open four days a week during the winter, and longer in the summer.