Sidmouth fashion goes big
New fashion store opens on Saturday for Sidmouth’s larger ladies
LARGER women in Sidmouth will soon have more chance of finding something to wear.
Julie Trickey will open the doors to her Overly Gorgeous Collection of clothes for women over size 16, at Libra Court of Fore Street on Saturday, from 10am.
A designer dressmaker, Julie said she noticed women were not being offered well-fitted or attractive clothing because of their size.
She said: “I don’t think it’s fair that larger ladies are given a limited, poor quality choice.”
You may also want to watch:
Julie is offering ready to buy as well as a bespoke measuring and fitting service for special occasion wear. Shoppers going in on Saturday will get discount.
From Feniton, the mother of four said: “I was given the opportunity to open a shop in Libra Court and I’ve gone for it. It is a very good area and I love it myself.”
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 4 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
She will open four days a week during the winter, and longer in the summer.