Sidmouth father and daughter join Open Studios event
FATHER and daughter artists Sandy and Emma Macfadyen will again be participating in this year s Open Studios fortnight.
FATHER and daughter artists Sandy and Emma Macfadyen will again be participating in this year's Open Studios fortnight.
Sculptor Emma, will have her popular bronzes of horses and other animals, together with pastels "on animal themes" displayed at East Lodge, Harcombe, Sidford, until September 13 from 10am to 4pm, while father Sandy will show his pastel and oil sea and landscapes at Higher Weston Farm, Weston, for the same period.
Emma said: "I will be modelling things and I have a furnace for casting bronze and a kiln for firing ceramics."
She will sell handmade tiles and greetings cards depicting her work.
You may also want to watch:
"I think people know about Open Studios a lot more now," she said. "It is good because people don't feel they have to buy something. It is not as intimidating as a gallery."
It will be Sandy's fourth year with Open Studios and he will sell his work from between �150 and �500, with prints from �35.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!