Sidmouth father and daughter join Open Studios event
FATHER and daughter artists Sandy and Emma Macfadyen will again be participating in this year s Open Studios fortnight.
FATHER and daughter artists Sandy and Emma Macfadyen will again be participating in this year's Open Studios fortnight.
Sculptor Emma, will have her popular bronzes of horses and other animals, together with pastels "on animal themes" displayed at East Lodge, Harcombe, Sidford, until September 13 from 10am to 4pm, while father Sandy will show his pastel and oil sea and landscapes at Higher Weston Farm, Weston, for the same period.
Emma said: "I will be modelling things and I have a furnace for casting bronze and a kiln for firing ceramics."
She will sell handmade tiles and greetings cards depicting her work.
You may also want to watch:
"I think people know about Open Studios a lot more now," she said. "It is good because people don't feel they have to buy something. It is not as intimidating as a gallery."
It will be Sandy's fourth year with Open Studios and he will sell his work from between �150 and �500, with prints from �35.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought