Sidmouth father and daughter join Open Studios event
FATHER and daughter artists Sandy and Emma Macfadyen will again be participating in this year s Open Studios fortnight.
FATHER and daughter artists Sandy and Emma Macfadyen will again be participating in this year's Open Studios fortnight.
Sculptor Emma, will have her popular bronzes of horses and other animals, together with pastels "on animal themes" displayed at East Lodge, Harcombe, Sidford, until September 13 from 10am to 4pm, while father Sandy will show his pastel and oil sea and landscapes at Higher Weston Farm, Weston, for the same period.
Emma said: "I will be modelling things and I have a furnace for casting bronze and a kiln for firing ceramics."
She will sell handmade tiles and greetings cards depicting her work.
You may also want to watch:
"I think people know about Open Studios a lot more now," she said. "It is good because people don't feel they have to buy something. It is not as intimidating as a gallery."
It will be Sandy's fourth year with Open Studios and he will sell his work from between �150 and �500, with prints from �35.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge