Sidmouth fire fighters called to rescue woman from car near Branscombe
- Credit: Archant
First call out of 2017 yesterday (Sunday) following two-vehicle crash
Sidmouth fire fighters were called to rescue a woman trapped inside a car after a crash near Branscombe yesterday (Sunday).
Two appliances from the town attended the first call out of 2017 at 1.37pm, where crew members safely rescued the casualty from the vehicle and handed her into the care of paramedics who treated her at the scene.
Police also attended and confirmed the A3052 near the old Three Horse Shoes Inn was partially blocked by the crash and was cleared by 3.45pm the same afternoon.
A force spokesman said a Citroen Xsara Picasso and a Ford Focus were involved in the incident that left one person with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews were alerted by a member of the public and ensured the scene – and vehicles involved – were safe before leaving.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open