4am call out for Sidmouth fire crew to assist paramedics
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters assisted paramedics in an early morning call out to gain entry to a property in Sidmouth.
South West Ambulance service requested a crew from Sidmouth Fire Station for assistance to enter the home in Salters Meadow shortly before 4am this morning (May 22).
A Devon and Somerset Fire Service spokesman said: "A call had been made to SWAST due to concerns for the occupant. The crew gained entry through a ground floor window without causing any damage.
"If the situation requires it force would be used. Paramedics were in the property within minutes of our attendance."
The station is currently recruiting retained fire-fighters through the Devon and Somerset area and is inviting possible crew members to apply online or drop in to a drill session on Monday nights.
You may also want to watch:
The crew will be at the station, in Woolbrook Road, between 7pm and 9pm.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary