Sidmouth Fire Station to host charity car wash
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth firefighters will be doing their bit for charity by holding a fundraising car wash this weekend.
The crews will have their buckets and hoses at the ready to wash down vehicles that drop by the station, in Woolbrook Road, tomorrow (Saturday).
The car wash will be open between 10am and 4pm and all donations will be in aid of the Fire Fighters Charity.
The charity, which marked its 75th birthday this year, supports more than 5,000 beneficiaries a year.
It provides support for bereaved families and life-enhancing support to the firefighter community.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Fowler, station commander, said: “We normally get a few people and we might have some decent weather for it.
“It’s a national thing and is one of the main ways to raise money for the charity. The fire fighters give up their time for free for it.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
In September, last year, Sidmouth Fire Station raised £521.52 through its charity car wash for the firefighters charity.