Sidmouth Fire Station to host charity car wash
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s firefighters will be dousing away dirt instead of flames this weekend to raise money for charity.
The crews will have their buckets and hoses at the ready to wash down vehicles at a charity car wash on Saturday (September 7).
Drivers can bring their car down on the day, where, for a donation, the firefighters will wash it and havE it looking good as new.
The event, which raises several hundred pounds every time, will be held at Sidmouth Fire Station, in Woolbrook Road.
The car wash will be open for business between 10am and 4pm and all donations will be in aid of the Firefighters Charity.
You may also want to watch:
The charity supports more than 5,000 beneficiaries a year.
It celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2018.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
It provides support for bereaved families and life-enhancing support to the firefighters' community.