Sidmouth firefighters attend reports of smoke, but no fire, in Otterton on second Sunday call-out

Fire engine

Fire engine - Credit: Archant

Crews called to incident in kitchen of Belmont Hotel and reported chimney fire in Otterton

Sidmouth firefighters were called out twice on Sunday (February 12), but there were no flames to tackle at either scene.

Crews attended an incident in the kitchen of the Belmont Hotel, where there was reportedly an error with the fryers.

A spokesman said there was no sign of fire, but one man at the scene had a burn to his arm and a casualty carer administered first aid.

Firefighters were then called to a possible chimney blaze at an Otterton home on the same day, after smoke was reported coming from the roof. A thorough search of the building was carried out on arrival and there was no fire found.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus