Sidmouth firefighters raise �280 with car wash
FIREFIGHTERS in Sidmouth raised �280 for charity with a car wash at their Woolbrook Road station.
Between callouts, crew members got to grips with around 60 vehicles last Saturday, September 17.
They had to down sponges and leap into action on more than one occasion - to deal with a reported fire at Woods Farm Recycling Centre, and then the rescue of an elderly lady from an elevator at a property in All Saints Road.
Cash raised will go to The Fire Fighters Charity, the UK’s leading provider of services that enhance quality of life for serving and retired fire service personnel and their families.
“It was a really good, fun event, though we had a lot of callouts that morning and had to keep abandoning the station,” said watch commander Rowan Delasalle.
You may also want to watch:
“We were really happy with the way people supported us.”
- 1 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 2 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 3 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 6 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 7 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 8 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?