Sidmouth firefighters raise �280 with car wash
FIREFIGHTERS in Sidmouth raised �280 for charity with a car wash at their Woolbrook Road station.
Between callouts, crew members got to grips with around 60 vehicles last Saturday, September 17.
They had to down sponges and leap into action on more than one occasion - to deal with a reported fire at Woods Farm Recycling Centre, and then the rescue of an elderly lady from an elevator at a property in All Saints Road.
Cash raised will go to The Fire Fighters Charity, the UK’s leading provider of services that enhance quality of life for serving and retired fire service personnel and their families.
“It was a really good, fun event, though we had a lot of callouts that morning and had to keep abandoning the station,” said watch commander Rowan Delasalle.
You may also want to watch:
“We were really happy with the way people supported us.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites