Sidmouth firefighters tackle washing machine fire in Sidbury

PUBLISHED: 11:19 03 April 2018

Archant

Sidmouth firefighters were called out to Sidbury after reports of a washing machine on fire.

Both of the station’s fire engines were sent to Burn Oak shortly after 9am this morning (Tuesday).

On arrival, the officer in charge said the appliance was smoking and crews extinguished it using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.

When the fire was out, the crew used a pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke from the property.

A Devon and Somerset Fire Service spokesman said: “The officer in charged confirmed that this fire caused no damage to the property and that cause of this fire was accidental.

“Once the crew made the property safe the care of this incident was handed over to the occupants and returned home station.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald