Sidmouth firefighters tackle washing machine fire in Sidbury
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth firefighters were called out to Sidbury after reports of a washing machine on fire.
Both of the station’s fire engines were sent to Burn Oak shortly after 9am this morning (Tuesday).
On arrival, the officer in charge said the appliance was smoking and crews extinguished it using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.
When the fire was out, the crew used a pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke from the property.
A Devon and Somerset Fire Service spokesman said: “The officer in charged confirmed that this fire caused no damage to the property and that cause of this fire was accidental.
You may also want to watch:
“Once the crew made the property safe the care of this incident was handed over to the occupants and returned home station.”
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National