Sidmouth firefighters tackle washing machine fire in Sidbury

EXE-FIRE-ENGINE-LEAVING-BASE

- Credit: Archant

Sidmouth firefighters were called out to Sidbury after reports of a washing machine on fire.

Both of the station’s fire engines were sent to Burn Oak shortly after 9am this morning (Tuesday).

On arrival, the officer in charge said the appliance was smoking and crews extinguished it using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.

When the fire was out, the crew used a pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke from the property.

A Devon and Somerset Fire Service spokesman said: “The officer in charged confirmed that this fire caused no damage to the property and that cause of this fire was accidental.


You may also want to watch:


“Once the crew made the property safe the care of this incident was handed over to the occupants and returned home station.”

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus