Sidmouth firm celebrates new recruits
- Credit: Archant
A pair of apprentices and a newly-qualified electrician have been celebrated by Fords South West Ltd.
Giles Richards, 16, from Honiton, is the firm’s newest recruit and is following in the foosteps Bobby Crofts, 23, from Colaton Raleigh, who has just completed his three-and-a-half-year electrical apprenticeship with the Sidmouth firm.
Traine plumber Josh Baker, 17, from Ottery St Mary, has finished the first year one of his qualification.
Josh said: “It’s great to be earning a wage whilst learning a trade and developing a career.”
Dave Whelan, operations director for Fords South West Ltd, said: “Like most businesses, our success is built on the quality of the people. Our apprenticeship scheme is a key part of our success story, with talented and committed local youngsters being given opportunities to learn their trade and develop within the company.
You may also want to watch:
“These are the engineers and tradespeople of the future, so it is important to give them opportunities to get started.”
The company will be offering more apprenticeship opportunities following its recent acquisition by Sidmouth-based Clearvac International.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity