Sidmouth firm gets builders short-listed for award
Sidona puts the ‘wow factor’ into construction sector
WORK carried out by a Sidmouth company has put a leading South West building contractor in the running for two top awards.
The winners of UK Customer Experience Award; the first of their kind in the UK, will be announced on Monday, September 27.
It is significant that a construction company has been short-listed says Derek Blackburn, managing director of Sidona Group in Sidford Road, which shows businesses how they can profit from customer experience and offer the ‘wow’ factor.
“The concept of the Customer Experience (CE) was little understood in the construction sector.
“Organisations in this sector mainly focused on delivering to time, quality and cost. The research carried out by Sidona Group identified these were now a minimum requirement.
“Customers demanded a closer understanding of their expectations, greater fulfilment of their emotional needs and more tailored delivery of solutions.
- 1 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 2 Help clean up Sidmouth as In Bloom judges' visit approaches
- 3 Pixie Day returns to Ottery – Pictures
- 4 Folk Festival gears up to bring Sidmouth to life with music
- 5 Part of Donkey Sanctuary closed due to respiratory infection
- 6 Otter Valley councillor welcomes inquiry into sewage discharges into rivers
- 7 Injured pedestrian helped by lifeboat and lifeguard teams
- 8 Repairs to start on Sidmouth's vandalised amphitheatre
- 9 Sidbury pupils celebrate May Day in June
- 10 The week that was in Sidmouth - fuel station changes and national TV exposure
“Developing a culture where employees are empowered, equipped and supported to deliver exceptional CE’s broke the mould for this industry and gave it the ‘wow factor’.”