Sidmouth flasher ordered to pay compensation to victims
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth flasher has been ordered to pay compensation to two girls after he exposed himself to them on a country lane near Exeter Airport.
Timothy White drew up in his car alongside the girls aged 21 and 17, and opened the window so they could see he was touching himself.
He nodded down towards his groin and asked: “Can you help with this?”
The girls were disgusted and walked away, but took the number of his car and were able to describe him.
Shop assistant White spent 18 months denying the allegation but was caught flashing again at the Ottery St Mary tar barrel rolling just days before he was due to be tried.
You may also want to watch:
White, aged 24, of Sidford Road, admitted exposure and was ordered to pay the girls £250 compensation by Recorder Mr Jonathan Barnes at Exeter Crown Court.
He was also sent on a sex offenders course as part of a three year community order, put on the sex offenders’ register for five years, and told to pay £250 costs.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
He has already admitted the Ottery St Mary exposure at magistrates court and will be sentenced by them later.
The judge told him: “This was a nasty case which caused considerable upset to the two young women who were walking on a country lane.”
Mr Gareth Evans, prosecuting, said the victims were walking on Black Horse Lane, Clyst Honiton, at 4pm on March 6, 2016, when White stopped next to them.
He opened the car window and they could see he was masturbating. He asked them if they could help but they said no and walked off.
White was arrested again in Ottery on tar barrels night after exposing himself to a 16-year-old girl in a residential street.
Mr Joss Ticehurst, defending, asked the judge to follow the suggestion of a probation report that said White would benefit from attending an intensive, group-based, sex offenders course.
He said White is working as a shop assistant and will be able to pay compensation provided he does not lose his job because of these offences.