Sidmouth flat fire deemed accidental

Fire-engines2

- Credit: Archant

An electrical heater was to blame for a fire that broke out in a Sidmouth flat late last night (Tuesday).

Firefighters from the town and Ottery were called to the ground floor property in All Saints Road shortly after midnight.

Crews extinguished the fire using breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and positive pressure ventilation.

The fire involved an electric heater and linen in the lounge the cause was deemed to be accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus