Sidmouth Flower Arrangement Club holds 50th anniversary festival
- Credit: Archant
Flowers galore decorated the halls of one Sidmouth house, putting on a spectacular display for visitors.
Sidmouth Flower Arrangement Club held a 50th anniversary festival of members' work at Kennaway House on Friday, September 13.
The weather was perfect and so were the flowers. Around 30 members took part with many others giving their time to make cakes and serve tea and coffee.
The display area was a blaze of colour and many different styles of arrangements were represented. A tombola and book stall helped to raise funds.
The club has had a busy year with a 'golden' themed annual luncheon in January and with welcoming national demonstrator Elizabeth Graham for an afternoon in June.
You may also want to watch:
Its September Festival was a great success and crowned the year of 50 years of flower arranging in Sidmouth.
For more information contact Judy on 01404 815170.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary