Sidmouth Flower Arrangement Club holds 50th anniversary festival
- Credit: Archant
Flowers galore decorated the halls of one Sidmouth house, putting on a spectacular display for visitors.
Sidmouth Flower Arrangement Club held a 50th anniversary festival of members' work at Kennaway House on Friday, September 13.
The weather was perfect and so were the flowers. Around 30 members took part with many others giving their time to make cakes and serve tea and coffee.
The display area was a blaze of colour and many different styles of arrangements were represented. A tombola and book stall helped to raise funds.
The club has had a busy year with a 'golden' themed annual luncheon in January and with welcoming national demonstrator Elizabeth Graham for an afternoon in June.
You may also want to watch:
Its September Festival was a great success and crowned the year of 50 years of flower arranging in Sidmouth.
For more information contact Judy on 01404 815170.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 6 Peninsula League season could be over
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways