Sidmouth folk asked to wear green for RSPB Week
RSPB asks people to celebrate its Love Nature Week by wearing green on Friday, May 27
THE RSPB wants people in Sidmouth to wear green on Friday, May 27, to celebrate the start of the environment charity’s Love Nature Week.
This runs from May 28 to June 5.
The RSPB’s Fran Luke said: “We know people here in the West Country enjoy wildlife.
“Every year, thousands visit our nature reserves and take part in our surveys, such as Big Garden Birdwatch and Make Your Nature count.”
You may also want to watch:
She is asking for as many people as possible in the region to echo the love of nature by wearing green “whether it’s at work, school, at the gym or the pub, it doesn’t matter, as long as they are in green.”
The charity hopes Wear green Day will raise funds to support its projects. In the South West it is protecting chough chicks in Cornwall and lizards in Dorset. Around the globe the RSPB is fighting illegal bird hunting in Malta and protecting rainforests in Sumatra.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 8 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
“The money we raise is spent as soon as we get it, so even if people just give �1 donation for wearing green on 27 May, (children 50p) every little bit helps.”
Donations can be sent to Fran at RSPB SW Regional Office, Keble House,
Southernhay Gardens, Exeter EX1 1NT or online at: www.justgiving.com/rspbswgogreenday.