Sidmouth Folk week gymnast raises cash for Kennaway House.
An 11 year old from Yaxley near peterborough raised £60 for Kennaway House as she visited Sidmouth for Folk Week.
KENNAWAY House received a cash boost last week thanks to the gymnastic efforts of a young Folk Week visitor.
Georgina Stone, 11, raised £60 towards the house's restoration fund by performing acrobatics on the Esplanade.
The young gymnast from Yaxley, near Peterborough, had been keen to use her talents to raise funds for a local charity whilst staying with her uncle, Bob Reynolds, in Moor Court Close for the week.
Kennaway House Trustee Jackie Street said: " What an amazing effort by this young lady, we are really delighted and charmed by what she has done. A big thank you to her for showing us all what an individual can do to help."
You may also want to watch:
"Every little really does count. We still have to raise £250,000 to finish the job and hope this will inspire more people to do that.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers