Sidmouth FolkWeek supporters’ event
Supporters evening to reflect FolkWeek atmosphere
SUPPORTERS of Sidmouth’s FolkWeek have been invited to share information and ideas with organisers at a Festival Celebration evening.
Next Thursday, they will meet Steve Thompson, chairman of Sidmouth FolkWeek Ltd., who sent out the invites, with festival director John Braithwaite, at the Bedford Hotel.
Steve believes, after three years, this event should reflect the atmosphere of FolkWeek. So he and John had a re-think and have made it more informal, fun and useful.
He said: “We wanted it to be an entertainment to reflect more of the festival atmosphere. Holding it in the early spring, when next year’s festival has already been launched, adds extra interest, allowing us to look forward to 2012.”
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment at the Festival Celebration will feature Festival funny man Paul Saunders with his History of Music and the Mrs. Midnight band.
Steve said: “We are again extremely grateful to Colin Pyne for hosting us at the Bedford and providing the essential refreshments to help things along.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites