Sidmouth fundraisers aid NZ earthquake victims
Grizzly runner April aims for �500 sponsorship to aid victims of New Zealand earthquake after boyfriend caught up in it
GRIZZLY runner April Rose, whose partner Rich Fuell was caught up in the New Zealand earthquake in Christchurch, has raised �400 so far in pledges to help victims of the quake.
“It would be great to make it to �500,” said chiropractor April, who lives in Sidmouth and has enlisted help from Sidmouth Post Office to take donations for her fundraising run to aid earthquake victims on Sunday.
You can also pledge money by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meanwhile the daughters of Richard and Janet Newton from Sidmouth, who were in Christchurch cathedral caf� when the quake occurred, are planning a bumper coffee morning at Kennaway House in April.
You may also want to watch:
“If anyone could bake a cake or spare a raffle prize or run a stall, they could call me on (01395) 516414,” said Laura Newton, from Sidmouth.
“Our friend Pam, who lives there is setting up a trust fund for local families, who need basic items such as loo rolls and bleach.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
The event will be held when their parents return from visiting another daughter in Australia.