Sidmouth fundraisers aid NZ earthquake victims
Grizzly runner April aims for �500 sponsorship to aid victims of New Zealand earthquake after boyfriend caught up in it
GRIZZLY runner April Rose, whose partner Rich Fuell was caught up in the New Zealand earthquake in Christchurch, has raised �400 so far in pledges to help victims of the quake.
“It would be great to make it to �500,” said chiropractor April, who lives in Sidmouth and has enlisted help from Sidmouth Post Office to take donations for her fundraising run to aid earthquake victims on Sunday.
You can also pledge money by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meanwhile the daughters of Richard and Janet Newton from Sidmouth, who were in Christchurch cathedral caf� when the quake occurred, are planning a bumper coffee morning at Kennaway House in April.
You may also want to watch:
“If anyone could bake a cake or spare a raffle prize or run a stall, they could call me on (01395) 516414,” said Laura Newton, from Sidmouth.
“Our friend Pam, who lives there is setting up a trust fund for local families, who need basic items such as loo rolls and bleach.”
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
The event will be held when their parents return from visiting another daughter in Australia.