Sidmouth gains three new aldermen
EDDC bestows Honorary Alderman titles on eight former councillors, with three from Sidmouth
THREE former Sidmouth district councillors are among eight to receive the title of Honorary Alderman from East Devon District Council.
Tony Reed and husband and wife Ann and Graham Liverton, were bestowed the title, together with Bob Peachey, Mike Green, Vivienne Ash, Ray Franklin and Sara Randall Johnson.
They were proposed en block at last week’s meeting by its chairman, Councillor Peter Halse, and seconded by vice-chairman, Councillor Frances Newth.
Individual reference was made to the service they have rendered to the council, and each was presented with an Honorary Alderman scroll and medallion by Mrs Newth.
You may also want to watch:
Both the Livertons have served as chairman on EDDC and Mr Reed was its chairman of planning for some years.
It is his third accolade this year after being made Freeman of the town and on Saturday being given Freedom of Sidmouth FolkWeek.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open