Sidmouth gains three new aldermen
EDDC bestows Honorary Alderman titles on eight former councillors, with three from Sidmouth
THREE former Sidmouth district councillors are among eight to receive the title of Honorary Alderman from East Devon District Council.
Tony Reed and husband and wife Ann and Graham Liverton, were bestowed the title, together with Bob Peachey, Mike Green, Vivienne Ash, Ray Franklin and Sara Randall Johnson.
They were proposed en block at last week’s meeting by its chairman, Councillor Peter Halse, and seconded by vice-chairman, Councillor Frances Newth.
Individual reference was made to the service they have rendered to the council, and each was presented with an Honorary Alderman scroll and medallion by Mrs Newth.
You may also want to watch:
Both the Livertons have served as chairman on EDDC and Mr Reed was its chairman of planning for some years.
It is his third accolade this year after being made Freeman of the town and on Saturday being given Freedom of Sidmouth FolkWeek.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 5 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 6 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 7 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 8 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom