Sidmouth Garden Centre-chosen in top 50 list
PROUD Sidmouth Garden Centre staff are celebrating after their workplace was included in the 50 best garden centres in a national newspaper. The supplement of The Independent published on Saturday says this centre has been voted as having the best custo
PROUD Sidmouth Garden Centre staff are celebrating after their workplace was included in the 50 best garden centres in a national newspaper.
The supplement of The Independent published on Saturday says "this centre has been voted as having the best customer service in the UK-staff will meet you from your car with an umbrella if it's raining and offer impeccable plant advice for those unable to tell their acers from their aspidistras."
There were three garden centres from the West Country selected in the prestigious magazine, of which Sidmouth was the only one from Devon.
James Trevett, manager of the centre, said: "We are obviously excited after winning garden centre of the year and to be selected by something that is completely independent and is not run by the gardening sector.
You may also want to watch:
"We didn't even know about it until a customer came in on Saturday with the magazine to congratulate us. We have had about a dozen people who have mentioned it to us.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 3 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 4 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 5 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 6 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 7 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 8 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed