Sidmouth Garden Centre gives �365 to CHSW
Continuing its support of Children’s Hospice SW, Sidmouth Garden Centre has presented the charity a further �365.83
Bev Thomas, Sidmouth co-ordinator for CHSW, is pictured with garden centre manager James Trevett, with the giant cheque, which he handed over last week.
The money raised comes from customers who bought their Christmas trees from the centre this year and from those who supported its owner’s daughter, Charlie Barlow, with her Save the Turkey fund to rescue her pet turkeys, Blinky and Lucky Clucky, from being Christmas Day lunch.
Each year the garden centre runs a voucher offer with the Sidmouth Herald, which local schools collect and exchange for cash.
Bev said: “The garden centre has been supporting CHSW for years, almost since Ian Barlow started there.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really pleased they continue to support us and really appreciate it. The money will go into the charity’s general fund, which helps to keep the hospices running.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98