Sidmouth Garden Centre gives �365 to CHSW
Continuing its support of Children’s Hospice SW, Sidmouth Garden Centre has presented the charity a further �365.83
Bev Thomas, Sidmouth co-ordinator for CHSW, is pictured with garden centre manager James Trevett, with the giant cheque, which he handed over last week.
The money raised comes from customers who bought their Christmas trees from the centre this year and from those who supported its owner’s daughter, Charlie Barlow, with her Save the Turkey fund to rescue her pet turkeys, Blinky and Lucky Clucky, from being Christmas Day lunch.
Each year the garden centre runs a voucher offer with the Sidmouth Herald, which local schools collect and exchange for cash.
Bev said: “The garden centre has been supporting CHSW for years, almost since Ian Barlow started there.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really pleased they continue to support us and really appreciate it. The money will go into the charity’s general fund, which helps to keep the hospices running.”
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 3 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show