Sidmouth Garden Centre scoops award
AWARDS are something staff at Sidmouth Garden Centre must be used to- but their latest accolade came as quite a surprise. The centre won the national Greatest Customer Care and Advice Team in the Garden Retailing Awards 2009 despite not even entering the
AWARDS are something staff at Sidmouth Garden Centre must be used to- but their latest accolade came as quite a surprise.
The centre won the national Greatest Customer Care and Advice Team in the Garden Retailing Awards 2009 despite not even entering the competition.
James Trevett, manager, said: "They had heard about our reputation and without an application they sent down two mystery shoppers, and we came out top."
The first James and the rest of the team heard of it was when they received an invitation in the post.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Walker and Jason Hayles from the centre had the honour of attending the awards ceremony, held in London, and they picked up the gong.
James added: "One of the questions they ask all of the customer advice centres was 'what is the quickest way to get rid of slugs in my garden?' The lad at our centre said 'cut them in half'. I think the man was hoping for a more scientific answer!
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 6 Peninsula League season could be over
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
"The lad then showed him what was best to use and I think he appreciated the humour."
The garden centre has an impressive track record with award ceremonies and achieved three major triumphs last year alone.
James added: "It's always nice to be rewarded for that extra bit of effort you put in but it's all down to the customers-it's good to know people come here and enjoy themselves.