Sidmouth Garden Centre scoops award
AWARDS are something staff at Sidmouth Garden Centre must be used to- but their latest accolade came as quite a surprise. The centre won the national Greatest Customer Care and Advice Team in the Garden Retailing Awards 2009 despite not even entering the
AWARDS are something staff at Sidmouth Garden Centre must be used to- but their latest accolade came as quite a surprise.
The centre won the national Greatest Customer Care and Advice Team in the Garden Retailing Awards 2009 despite not even entering the competition.
James Trevett, manager, said: "They had heard about our reputation and without an application they sent down two mystery shoppers, and we came out top."
The first James and the rest of the team heard of it was when they received an invitation in the post.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Walker and Jason Hayles from the centre had the honour of attending the awards ceremony, held in London, and they picked up the gong.
James added: "One of the questions they ask all of the customer advice centres was 'what is the quickest way to get rid of slugs in my garden?' The lad at our centre said 'cut them in half'. I think the man was hoping for a more scientific answer!
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 7 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
"The lad then showed him what was best to use and I think he appreciated the humour."
The garden centre has an impressive track record with award ceremonies and achieved three major triumphs last year alone.
James added: "It's always nice to be rewarded for that extra bit of effort you put in but it's all down to the customers-it's good to know people come here and enjoy themselves.