Sidmouth Garden Centre sold
- Credit: Archant
A national garden centre chain today announced it has purchased one of Sidmouth’s largest independent businesses.
The award-winning Sidmouth Garden Centre, in Stowford, is currently privately owned by Ian Barlow, but will be taken on by Wyevale.
The new owner issued the formal announcement today (Wednesday, October 15) and has confirmed it will keep all existing staff in place.
Ian said: “Wyevale Garden Centres shares our vision of providing fantastic customer service and a well-rounded product offering to our customers.
“Its ethos and values reflect our own and we believe that Sidmouth Garden Centres will continue to provide exceptional services and products to our loyal customers.
You may also want to watch:
“We are confident that the group will maintain and enhance our award-winning offer and benefit from the knowledge and skills of our valued staff.”
Chief executive of Wyevale Garden Centres, Kevin Bradshaw, said: “We are delighted to welcome Sidmouth Garden Centre to our group.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
“The garden centre has a wonderful reputation for its commitment to exceptional customer service and provides an exceptional variety of plants alongside garden and gift products to its growing customer base.
“The award-winning garden centre is widely loved by its loyal customers and we are happy to welcome the centre’s knowledgeable staff to our group.”
This latest acquisition boosts the company’s number of centres across England and Wales up to 150.
Read the full story in the Sidmouth Herald on Friday.