Sidmouth gardens bag five star ratings from South West in Bloom
- Credit: Archant
Connaught Gardens and Blackmore Gardens in Sidmouth have been named among the top parks in the South West.
The green spaces both received a five-star rating at South West in Bloom’s annual pride in park awards last week.
Judges were impressed by Sidmouth in Bloom volunteers during their visit to the town last year and bestowed the rating for the third year running.
The awards celebrate the work of volunteers who assist park officers maintaining parks and gardens to a high standard.
Lynette Talbot, chairman of Sidmouth in Bloom, said: “We are very pleased because we know we are going to have a very challenging year to maintain the parks. It has started the ball rolling for this year.”
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth will compete in the South West in Bloom and Britain in Bloom competitions this year, after attaining gold status in the champion of champions category.
Britain in Bloom judge Darren Share MBE presented the 28 winners with their awards at South West in Bloom’s spring seminar.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
Jon Wheatley, chairman of South West in Bloom, said: “This is a wonderful opportunity for volunteers to celebrate the works that have been carried out by local Park & Friends of Groups. This award celebrates quality community parks in our region.”
Sidmouth in Bloom is looking for volunteers to join the team to help paint street furniture in the run-up to the judges’ visit later this year.
Contact Lynette on 01395 578081.