Sidmouth gears up for carnival night
- Credit: Archant
Information on this year’s carnival procession and parking restrictions.
Carnival comes to Sidmouth tomorrow (Saturday) night.
The procession will set off from outside the fire station in Woolbrook Road at 7.30pm, aiming to reach the seafront between 8.15pm and 8.30pm.
The Pipes and Drums of the Devon Fire Brigade Band will be at the front of the procession, followed by entries from as far afield as Totnes, Bovey Tracey and South Brent.
There are also entries from Sidmouth and all over East Devon.
Children’s entertainment will be on the seafront until the procession reaches there, and afterwards the carnival pipe band will be playing in The Anchor.
Parking restrictions will be in place from 4.30pm until 10.30pm in:
- 1 A375 roadworks to restart in September
- 2 'Leave our banners alone!'
- 3 Urgent appeal for collectors as Sidmouth Airshow approaches
- 4 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 5 Otterhayes home rated 'good' after improving 'in leaps and bounds'
- 6 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 7 Hospice at Home moves into new premises
- 8 National Trust Supporters' Group outing
- 9 Garden and crafts show makes successful comeback
- 10 Decision on Straitgate's appeal funding deferred
• Woolbrook Road
• All Saints Road
• Arcot Road
• Fore Street
• High Street
• Station Road
• Temple Street
• The Esplanade
• Vicarage Road