Sidmouth gears up for carnival night
- Credit: Archant
Information on this year’s carnival procession and parking restrictions.
Carnival comes to Sidmouth tomorrow (Saturday) night.
The procession will set off from outside the fire station in Woolbrook Road at 7.30pm, aiming to reach the seafront between 8.15pm and 8.30pm.
The Pipes and Drums of the Devon Fire Brigade Band will be at the front of the procession, followed by entries from as far afield as Totnes, Bovey Tracey and South Brent.
There are also entries from Sidmouth and all over East Devon.
You may also want to watch:
Children’s entertainment will be on the seafront until the procession reaches there, and afterwards the carnival pipe band will be playing in The Anchor.
Parking restrictions will be in place from 4.30pm until 10.30pm in:
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!
• Woolbrook Road
• All Saints Road
• Arcot Road
• Fore Street
• High Street
• Station Road
• Temple Street
• The Esplanade
• Vicarage Road