Sidmouth gears up for carnival night
- Credit: Archant
Information on this year’s carnival procession and parking restrictions.
Carnival comes to Sidmouth tomorrow (Saturday) night.
The procession will set off from outside the fire station in Woolbrook Road at 7.30pm, aiming to reach the seafront between 8.15pm and 8.30pm.
The Pipes and Drums of the Devon Fire Brigade Band will be at the front of the procession, followed by entries from as far afield as Totnes, Bovey Tracey and South Brent.
There are also entries from Sidmouth and all over East Devon.
You may also want to watch:
Children’s entertainment will be on the seafront until the procession reaches there, and afterwards the carnival pipe band will be playing in The Anchor.
Parking restrictions will be in place from 4.30pm until 10.30pm in:
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 A remarkably good 50th anniversary for Sidmouth Music
• Woolbrook Road
• All Saints Road
• Arcot Road
• Fore Street
• High Street
• Station Road
• Temple Street
• The Esplanade
• Vicarage Road