Sidmouth gears up for St George’s Day
- Credit: Archant
A giant and dragon will walk the streets of Sidmouth to mark St George’s Day.
George of Sidmouth will arise outside the Anchor pub on noon on Easter Monday (April 22) accompanied by Sidmouth Steppers and members of Sid Vale Community Productions.
Henry Piper has made modifications to the giant over the winter months to allow George to be more mobile while taking in the sea air during the afternoon.
Members of the public will be able to have pictures with George and his faithful dragon, which will breath fire, due to Alex Morton.
The performers will head along the promenade and arrive at The Swan Inn for 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
At 2.30pm a performance of Barry Morton’s St George’s play will be produced.
Organisers said this year’s play will not disappoint and full of audience participation.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary