Sidmouth gears up for St George’s Day
- Credit: Archant
A giant and dragon will walk the streets of Sidmouth to mark St George’s Day.
George of Sidmouth will arise outside the Anchor pub on noon on Easter Monday (April 22) accompanied by Sidmouth Steppers and members of Sid Vale Community Productions.
Henry Piper has made modifications to the giant over the winter months to allow George to be more mobile while taking in the sea air during the afternoon.
Members of the public will be able to have pictures with George and his faithful dragon, which will breath fire, due to Alex Morton.
The performers will head along the promenade and arrive at The Swan Inn for 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
At 2.30pm a performance of Barry Morton’s St George’s play will be produced.
Organisers said this year’s play will not disappoint and full of audience participation.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival