Sidmouth Gig Club competes in first World Championship
- Credit: Archant
SIDMOUTH Gig Club took part in their first World Championships on the Isles of Scilly over the bank holiday weekend.
The time there was made even more special by the fact that the event itself was celebrating its 25th anniversary.
The weekend got off to a flying start with the veterans and super veterans racing on Friday night.
Sidmouth’s men came 23rd out of 46 in the veterans and the women finished 7th out of 15 in the super veterans. On Saturday morning, Sidmouth’s ladies’ and men’s teams both performed well against tough opposition.
“Sidmouth Gig Club has a lot to be proud of and will certainly return for the 2015 championships,” said the club’s Julie Turner.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in getting involved in rowing, or who would like to be a social member, can visit their new website at https://sites.google.com/site/sidmouthgig.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth