Sidmouth Gig Club competes in first World Championship
- Credit: Archant
SIDMOUTH Gig Club took part in their first World Championships on the Isles of Scilly over the bank holiday weekend.
The time there was made even more special by the fact that the event itself was celebrating its 25th anniversary.
The weekend got off to a flying start with the veterans and super veterans racing on Friday night.
Sidmouth’s men came 23rd out of 46 in the veterans and the women finished 7th out of 15 in the super veterans. On Saturday morning, Sidmouth’s ladies’ and men’s teams both performed well against tough opposition.
“Sidmouth Gig Club has a lot to be proud of and will certainly return for the 2015 championships,” said the club’s Julie Turner.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in getting involved in rowing, or who would like to be a social member, can visit their new website at https://sites.google.com/site/sidmouthgig.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman