Sidmouth Gig Club prepares for summer rowing season with ergo challenge.
Members of Sidmouth Gig Club took part in a rowing machine challenge to raise money for Megan Rodgers, a gig club member selected to represent Great Britain in a seamanship contest this coming summer.
Teams of four were selected and rowed as far as possible in 15 minutes, in minute bursts at a time.
Each team member had to row at least three times and no one could row for consecutive minutes.
When not able to row out at sea, the gig club members will use the rowing machines as a form of land-based training to improve their performance and fitness.
All teams were well matched, with the final distance achieved between teams two and three only being eight metres apart! The winning team pulled an impressive 3,918m overall. The money raised from the event will go towards sponsoring club mate Megan in her Atlantic Gig Challenge of Seamanship in July. Megan will compete alongside 20 other GB crew members in a series of rowing, sailing, rope work and navigation challenges. Anyone interested in supporting Megan can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Gig Club are due to start their summer rowing season after Easter, rowing from Sidmouth on Wednesday and Friday evenings and Sunday mornings. The club always welcomes new members; anyone interested in rowing can contact the club secretary at email@example.com
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support