Sidmouth Girl Guides enjoy peco visit
- Credit: Archant
Code breaking, swimming and making dragon boats were all part of the fun for the 1st Sidmouth Girl Guides when they worked on their Big Brownie Birthday Challenge Badge.
The badge is part of the celebrations for the Brownies’ 100 year anniversary, and as an added twist the unit decided to take a trip to Pecorama in Beer.
The guides enjoyed seeing the indoor train models and rook a ride around the grounds.
Three of the newest and youngest members also made their Guiding Promise whilst on the light railway journey through the tunnel.
Guider Lorna Beard said: “Despite the previous night’s thunder and lightning, the day was glorious and the girls had a great time visiting the gardens and trying out all climbing equipment, zip wire and slides.”
You may also want to watch:
Girl Guiding is for girls aged 10 to 14. The group meets on Thursday evenings during term time from 7pm to 8.30pm.
For more information, email email@example.com.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open